Monday 18 July 2011



Hello all!!

Well it feels like an eternity since I was last on my blog!!

Well so much has happened since May when I last posted.

Firstly, we've moved house!!!! We were finally awarded a council house and we now reside in a lovely 3 bedroomed house in our beautiful little welsh valley. We are also lucky that we have a lovely big garden so I have decided to set my growing skills to the test as well. Well sort of........
my last growing attempt whilst I lived in my flat was unsuccessful somewhat - all my spring onions were stolen and my neighbours dog ate my tomatos!



I have all this and this to play with!


This is the view down my garden, where you can see Owens workshop foundations are being laid,

the second is the small suntrap near my kitchen window and by my back door
which gets sun all morning and shade from about 12.30-1pm.

I have brought a nice six tiered greenhouse to go against the wall on the left.

I have brought a few seeds packets ready but have decided to research things to grow first and spend the rest of this year working on preparation for my growing instead of jumping straight in.

Should add on the picture down my garden behind the big bush! are a pot of rhubarb that I presumed dead but is now thriving which was 20p in the focus sale and have since discovered there is two crowns in one pot so will get him repotted asap into a giant tub i think.
Also next to him (again behind bush) are two strawberry plants that were 25p each from wilkinsons that were sunlight starved and dying - now have one strawberry that's going red on one of them.
In the suntrap picture the pot is a reviving blueberry bush - again from focus for 20p - it was originally a stick in a bucket so glad to see it with a bit of life again!

I am awaiting the arrival of a compost bin too that the council offered relatively cheap as a recycling scheme so that should arrive anyday too.

Fingers crossed I will be able to go ahead with my planting this coming year but can anyone else advise me on things I could be doing in preparation? I haven't really picked out a veg plot yet as im not too sure where to put it as I have two children (7 and 1) and I have a small terrier dog.

I cannot wait to start getting myself more self sufficient. Im hoping to also get a water butt asap too!

Oh and did I mention my new house has a lovely big kitchen diner for my to play in.

Inside the house pictures to follow soon!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment