Wednesday 5 October 2011

almost extreme couponing....


I have really gotten into this programme. I find it fascinating that these (often) women dedicate so much time to finding, clipping, organising coupons and then looking at sales etc to best plan their use.

I have found a fantastic little group on facebook which has taken this idea on but in the UK and have had some good results so far. Its definitely turned me round to the idea of couponing better.

Myself and a friend, Denise, have both taken up this new challenge. We are both in similiar circumstances and our baby girls Holly and her daughter Lexi are two weeks apart in age.
We have both enjoyed the 'buzz' that getting to a till with a bundle of coupons to help for your shopping and seeing how little you pay can get you.

My first attempt I was very nervous. I had just discovered the group and they had pointed me in the direction of a Honey Shreddies £1 off voucher and then informed me it was on offer in Tesco for......you guessed it.........£1.
So I printed off 9 (we eat a lot of cereal and some for my newly single sister in law) and off I went with Ben in tow as my helper.
We grabbed our 9 boxes and made our way to the till.

The assistant couldnt believe it.

I was amazed.

I came away with several bargains that day and now dont shop with some unless I've checked my coupons, checked the site etc.

These were my bargains for the day

It includes

9 boxes of honey shreddies
4 x Dettol Surface Cleanser
2 boxes of Oats So Simple sachets
4 x 9 toilet rolls
4 x I cant believe its not butter
4 x pampers wipes

Costs should of been
9 Honey Shreddies ~ £9. I had them ALL FREE
4 Dettol ~ £4 (£1 each). I had a 50p off an item coupon so cost me £2
2 Oats so Simple ~ £3. (£1.50 each). I had 50p off an item so £2
Toilet Roll were £1.99 and scanned due to mispricing on BOGOF. So I had them for £3.98 but with a £3.50 Tesco coupon they cost me 48p.
Pampers should of been 99p each. I had 2 x £2 pampers vouchers so they made me 4p.

Total before coupons - £23.94
Total after coupons - £4.48

TOTAL SAVING - £19.46

Most definitely worth it.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment