Monday 2 May 2011

"It pays to plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."
Unknown



I figured the above quote made a good point. With the climate as it is, none of us can ever be too prepared and I realise lately that I have fallen off the money saving/ Old style/ planning ahead band wagon and I desperately need to get back on it.

The future will hopefully see us getting a house and with that obviously we will have rent increases as I have mentioned in a previous entry and I don't simply mean it will increase by £10 , I mean it will increase by upwards of £60 a month and another £10 a month on our water rates and as me and my partner currently work we are not entitled to extra help with benefits.

Therefore I need to get our food spend under control and back in order. Some readers may remember back in January 2008 I wrote a post on MSE (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=697339&highlight=100) about feeding my family for £100 a month. At that time my family consisted of myself, my partner, our son Benjamin was 3 and we had Bruno our Jack Russell.

Now my family consists of myself, my partner, Benjamin is now an active (almost) 7 year old, Our baby girl Holly is (almost 10 months), Our Jack Russell Bruno is now 8 years old and 2 terrapins called Randy and Toby.
So needless to say I have to look at increasing our food budget somewhat but I'm hoping I will be able to keep to £150 a month.

So I will take stock of fridge/freezer/cupboard contents etc and repost my plan of action.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment