Saturday 23 April 2011

Proud Mummy moment




I was sent a load of photographs the other day which really cheered me up from a local
community worker and fundraisers

I moved to Cwmafan roughly 7 years ago when I was pregnant with my son and despite being an employee in the local main shop ~ I am known by residents here. I was worried however that my son would maybe be treated as a bit of an outsider as we weren't from Cwmafan ourselves despite him being born down the road in Port Talbot Hospital and living in Cwmafan all his life.

However these photos have cheered me up and made me realise just how much he does for his little community so I thought I would share them with you.


He was planting daffodil bulbs with his school mates throughout th
e community to make the village prettier (he is on the far left holding the shovel)





He took part in the local fun run to raise funds for the his rugby team and community. Here he is below with his friends from L - R ~ Jack, Levi, Matthew and Benjamin



Here he is with all the other kids who took part (he's front row bottom left)





He is goalkeeper for the Cwmafan Under 7's football team although plays as Number 11 not number 1.




He also plays as Number 11 on the Cwmafan Under 7's Rugby team in which they play tag rugby and he was given the 'tagger of the match' award.



So all in all Im a very proud mummy. = ) I'm hoping that Holly will be as involved with the community as he is.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment