Saturday 23 April 2011




Also discovered that I seem to have two very fertile spider plants.

Considering last year I couldn't find a spider plant for love nor money - when I saw Wilkinsons had them I treated myself.
But by the time I got back to the shop there was two poor looking ones glaring at me to be taken home, so jumped at the chance and nabbed them for £1 each due to them being half dead.


Now one is on my kitchen windowsill (Fred as Benjamin has dubbed him) and he has one shoot coming up which is about 6 inches long now and Thomas who sits on my bathroom window has a giant shoot thats about 12 - 15 inches long and another one thats about 5 inches!

Only problem is ~
I've no idea how to go about trimming/repotting or growing them on etc!

But am pretty sure I will soon have an abundance of spider plants if they keep growing at this rate! Pictures to follow shortly

1 comment:

  1. Sammy, if I remember correctly from when my mum used to keep spider plants, the new little spider is sat into a small jar of water to grow roots and can then be cut off and planted.

    ReplyDelete