Thursday 21 April 2011



I've woken up this morning with a renewed look on my lifestyle after a very disturbing dream. In my dream, I had ended up homeless with the kids and with no way of providing for myself, until I came across a tomato (I hate tomatoes) seed packet and planted them in a park where no one could find them and they provided for us. Rather bizarre I know and no idea where on earth that came from but still.........
I now am deciding that I want to start making my dreams a reality and therefore am now planning for my little families future.

We are still hoping for a house to come up for us - we know of at least 2 3 bedroomed houses that are coming up in our next bidding booklet so we are hoping upon hope that we will be lucky....but we also know that with added space (ie a third bedroom) comes the added rent and water bill. So I have been looking at ways to lessen the blow for us when it eventually happens and starting to plan in advance little things that will help us out.

If we have sufficient space the dog will have his own 'garden' as being a Jack Russell anything that he can get hold of is either destroyed, eaten or dug up. I'm hoping then that I will be able to find the best sun trap and make myself a small vegetable plot - space permitting obviously but Ben's school recently contacted a local farmer who donated his used tractor tyres to the school for them to use as planters where they are currently growing tomato plants so I wonder if that could be a cheap option as well as a weird feature in a back garden - not to mention a handy seat as well i guess. Ideally I would have a few fruit bushes and hanging baskets too.

Also another thing that crossed my mind was watering these plants - but whilst I do live in Wales - near the coast and in a valley too I might add - I think a water butt would still be a money conscious buy. It could also come in handy for car/motorbike/mountain bike washing as well as bathing the dog and filling up a bird bath. Which reminds me - Benjamin has asked if we have a garden if we can have a bird bath and bird table so he can look after the birds. Cant really deny his caring instinct - especially as he wants to be a zoo keeper or a vet when he's older.

Saying that I think 95% of the councils gardens are a rectangular shape so I can draw a rough plan of what my mini garden will look like so I will plan that quickly then I can have a basic idea of what Im working with.

I shall return with my sketch......

x

No comments:

Post a Comment