Saturday 23 April 2011

Bike Riding ~ Day one



Right well the time has come and I decided to teach Benjamin how to ride his bike


He got his bike without stabilizers for his birthday back in May 2010 but I was heavily pregnant and couldn't really manage to teach him with an 8 month old bump incubating in the way!

Needless to say Owen has no patience after the first attempt and several swear words and various threats to sell it/throw it in the river/take it back to the shop it now rests in Mummy's hands to teach him.

Should reiterate that he has had a bike before which was a hand me down from his brother Josh which Josh rode all of about 3 times, and shrieked like a girl every time before falling off it and refusing to ever touch it again. But Ben use to love it and would fly along happily on it until he sadly out grew it.

I have now put stabilizers on Benjamin's bike and he was much more confident with one little wobble so I think I will take them off soon and hopefully he should be attempting some proper riding soon.

I take him over the piggery (or up the line) depending on who you speak to in teh village ~ its basically a little walk which has recently been retarmaced and is a top spot for cyclists, joggers and dog walkers as it is secluded, very pretty, away from lots of roads and in general just a nice quiet
and peaceful walk.

It is also home to the Cwmafan Portrait Bench which has our local heroes Richard Burton, Rob Brydon and Afan Forest Park Ranger,Dick Wagstaff.


He thoroughly enjoyed himself and so did mummy - nice to be active again as last time I tried to teach him I had a bump in the way!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment