Friday 4 January 2013

A busy few days.......

Sorry all

The last few days have been busy

Wednesday I went shopping, I had £100 of New Look vouchers from Christmas to spend so I decided to make use of them whilst Owen had his last day off work and I would be child free to bargain hunt and browse for a change.

I got a lift in with a neighbour and treated myself to lunch - a jacket potato with butter and a hot chocolate - which cost me £2 in the little local cafe.

As for my shopping trip - I came home with the following
So I did have a productive shop. I still have £50 to spend on it if anything ever comes up - or as gifts etc or if I need an outfit for an occasion  I needed shoes desperately though as my work ones are worn to the point my toes are going to come out of them soon and so they needed replacing and tops I have I tend to buy things I can swap between.
I think I literally own maybe one pair of jeans, two pairs of legging and 2 pairs of work trousers, and maybe about 6 tops. Oh and a dress and I will possibly buy a new top if I have to go out somewhere but even then they tend to be sale items and I rarely if ever go out. I have 3 hoodies, two were gifts and one I brought with a load of vouchers from my last birthday. I'm useless at shopping though but I liked the things I had this time round

Other things I have gotten done the last few days
- I baked a chocolate cake using my new food processor again - minus the almost amputating a finger, it didn't last the day though but have finally found my perfect cake recipe.
- made myself a bill book (my mum had one of these and she recorded every penny meticulously) so I decided to do the same and have already looked into just what I could have left if I am strict with myself with money and spending.
- planned a food shop that will stick to my new food budget and take into account some store cupboard stocking up items
- I have been to work and did come home with a good few items that were 'labelled waste' that I rescued because I didn't want to see them in the bin

  • 3 packs of 6 mini fajita wraps
  • 2 swedes
  • 2 blocks of mature cheddar cheese
  • 3 Peters Steak and Kidney Pies

I've since frozen the cheddar, the pies and the wraps. I will spend tomorrow blanching the swede and getting that frozen as well.

I will post pictures tomorrow of my new bill book and will put up a draft list of my shopping plans as well. I'm hoping I will be able to use a few vouchers as well to save a few pennies here and there.
I've also enlisted my mother in law as well, and we have decided that we will be taking a trip to Aldi or Lidls to have a look there too together. I'm thinking too that pound land and the 99p store in town might be worth having a look in for cleaning stuff and a few cheaper food bits.

Right until then, I will bid you all goodnight

x Sammy x

No comments:

Post a Comment