Saturday 8 September 2012

Financial Hardship and Time Of Reflection

Recently myself and my partner have had a few financially tough months. 

Last month we literally made it to my pay day with pence in my pocket, and by then we had run out of bread, milk and butter and I was utterly miserable and to the point I was having to bake to make sure my son had a lunch box full. I don't want to be like that again any time soon but sadly its not the first time and I have just about sold everything in my house I had, that I could sell to make ends meet.


We were meant to go on a camping holiday for our 10 year anniversary, but after we'd brought the tent and sleeping bags we couldn't afford to go away any longer so we decided to leave it and we'd go away another time. 

Today presently, after money check ups etc I now have £22 in my Wages bank account and in my Benefits account I think I have nothing - I will double check this tomorrow morning though as my bank are utterly useless on the phones after 6pm. Should also reiterate that by benefits account I mean the account my tax credits and child benefit are paid into - this is money for my children and their well being etc.

I cant pick up any extra hours in work as I cant fit the shifts around my children. 
The two shifts I am able to do are Thursday 5 - 10pm and a Sunday 3 - 10pm. My partner works what hes told which is 8.30am - 6pm (Mon to sat) and 10am - 4pm (Sunday)  but he works 5 days a week but he is on a rota and not set days off. So if he is working the days I have my shifts then my mother in law has the kids for the hour that we cross over.  
The rest of the time I am at home with the children - my daughter is only 2 years old and not in education yet and her childcare would take up any wages I did mange to earn.
My son is in full time school from 9am until 3.20pm. 

I am wondering if there is any work I can do from home that means I can be here for my children but I can still boost my income

May have to look into varying sources of income. 


 

2 comments:

  1. i really know how you feel. i dont work as still have little ones at home and my hubby works as an hgv driver and we never know when he will be home or not. Even the weekends are unpredictable. I did avon and also packed cards for a year each but neither provided enough money to make it worth while. I made £300 profit for a year of avon and around £250 on the cards. Considering both jobs took over my life it doesnt work out much per hour. I dont mind hard work but would like to be paid fairly for it. I then think something is better than nothing. Just dont know what to do. So if you find any worth while jobs from home please do share :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would happily sit packing cards to earn a few extra quid a month. There seems to be nothing available at the minute other than some very dubious work which Im not sure my partner would approve of! If I do find anything I will happily let you know

      Delete