Saturday 12 February 2011



Well figured whilst I was posting my updates I would also give a general update.

1. Have my new washing machine - woohoo!

2. My sister is making a good recovery - she has to go back in 6 months but the surgeon was pretty sure they removed a substantial enough amount of her cervix that they have all the cells.

3. My paralyzed friend is home now and recovering and now has her grandparents staying with her which means I am off children/dog sitting duties.

and relax.....................

(and Yes this is my little princess Holly May snoozing)

My day today however has most consisted of bill planning, food planning and football.

Whilst sitting making a list of the bills to pay, how much I needed to pay etc I have realized that I can now after my win last year and becoming debt free afford to start saving.
So once
*all bills paid
*£20 debt repaid to my mum
*£30 extra which was owed to DenPlan
*£20 treat for myself
*£70 into my savings account with the credit union

I am left with the grand total of £130!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have decided though that £70 will be budgeted aside to give my little boy Benjie's room an update.

Let me explain first - when we moved in his room was already decorated from the previous tenant as Winnie the pooh - 3 pale yellow walls with a border and stick around and one wallpapered wall, which was cute when he was 1 year old ~ but now hes 7 and not so much a baby as a little boy.

BUT..............

I don't want to go mad redecorating as we want to move to a house soon and so don't want to spend a fortune because sods law says we'll move if we did that but I have decided to update it to a Sponge-Bob bedroom so I have found

* Buy One Get One Free on pale blue bedding (him and his brother are in bunk beds) £14.99
* Sponge bob border x 3 --- £22.41
* Stick a rounds (33 stickers per pack) --- £10.99
* Dulux 'First Dawn' Blue Paint - £16.99 9but will see if Wilko/Focus do their own version cheaper

Total : £65.50 (for sake of argument!) and he'll have a big boys bedroom. I already have a blue lampshade, his curtains are pale green which is in the border, and his carpet is purple which is also in the border.
So I decided to budget £70 and then if things can be gotten cheaper or on offer then I'll put any left into his savings account.

Plus I'll still have £60 thats 'spare' money.

Just need Holly to be good now so I can get it done!

Will make sure to post before and after pictures too!
x




No comments:

Post a Comment