Thursday 16 December 2010

"Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us." -- Thomas L. Holdcroft


This quote and the Old Style Money Saving Forum on the www.moneysavingexpert.com site were the inspiration for this new blog.

I'm Sam, also known to my fellow MSErs as Sammy_Kaye18. I'm 26 but have an old soul.
I live in a run down, mouldy council flat in a beautiful welsh valley just outside Swansea.

Most importantly, I am a mummy.
To 6 year old Benjie and 5 month old Holly Dolly.

I am a step mummy to 9 year old J, loving girlfriend to Ow, adoptive mummy to Randy and Toby the terrapins and Rescue Mummy to my fur baby Bruno who is our 8 year old Jack Russell Terrier.

I also work part time as a Sales Assistant, although I'm currently on Maternity leave, and whilst I love my co workers, I do wish I had something with better prospects and more hours but my children take priority in my life and this current job works around them so I don't need to place them under the care of a babysitter.

I am a keen believer in Karma. I also believe strongly in the Native American idea of spirit animals of which I am blessed with the Deer as my guide.

I am a keen money saver, I love to enter competitions, I cook, I bake, I make do and mend, I'm mad about Moto GP, I don't spoil myself at all and prefer to give my family everything I can.

I decided to start this blog to see how my life progresses and hopefully improves over the coming year.

I didn't want to make it a 'New Years Resolution' blog because ~ in fairness ~ I never keep them.
I start with the best intentions but get bored 2 weeks in and then I never look at it or revisit again for the next few months! So instead I've decided to start early. This is and will be my blog for the coming year and beyond and I hope you will enjoy reading it and sharing my world.

Love

Sammy
x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sammy

    Welcome to your new blog. Like the style.

    ceridwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking blog Sammy!

    The set out looks fab :)

    kezlou

    ReplyDelete