Tuesday 28 December 2010

Ok so in preparation for the upcoming New Year festivities I have been thinking about my new year resolution and my goals I'd like to achieve in 2011.

I have come up with the following list of goals

1. Tone up
I'd like to accomplish this this year because since 2009 I have been losing weight - I joined a slimming club in February 2009 and weighed in at 14st 3lbs. August 2009 I discovered I was pregnant with twins, September I sadly miscarried. My weight levelled through to overeating/depression/grieving etc and slowly started to come off until I hit my 2st target on Christmas eve 2009. It was boxing day that I discovered I was pregnant. I had my daughter in July 2010 and the weight has been dropping off since- its hard work watching a 6 year old, 5 month old, walking a dog and running a house with school runs in between! I'm now 5'5.5 (yes the .5 makes a difference!) and I currently weigh 11st 9lbs. So this year since the weight is done all the access.....well.......me needs toning and the mummy tummy needs attention! Although I despise sit ups so this could get interesting and needing a great amount of will power to keep it up!


2. Sort out Life Insurance. and 3. make a will.
i think these two are pretty self explanatory. I have two small children and in the event that something happens to me I want to know my babies are looked after. Simple really.


4. Learn to drive
I tried when I was 16 but was more interested in hanging out with my friends, listening to music and chasing boys so it never really took and none of the information stuck. Plus I had a lousy instructor who insisted on talking to his girlfriend fro half my lesson and never paid attention to what I did.

5. Get some savings together.
Again - explains itself I think. Now I'm debt free and have the money there its nice to know that it is there for something and I would be able to enjoy it if I could get it saved up. I'm hoping to take my children on their first holiday this year and after some discussion on MSE http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2809174&page=32 I think I will be using the Sun vouchers way of doing it and saving up some spending money for us all to enjoy ourselves with. I will also be taking Ceridwen's advice and making myself a right now list, a want in the future list and my wish list to track my process so I'll post those later.


6. Continue entering competitions.
I managed successfully to get myself and my partner debt free this year with a win before Christmas- look back over recent posts - its there somewhere! - so I have decided to keep up the competitions and see if I cant keep winning my way to my dream home and small holding.

So that's my aims for 2011 ~ what's everyone else hope to accomplish?
x

No comments:

Post a Comment