Saturday 18 December 2010


Well I have eventually managed to tackle the subject that is my food shop.

I didnt realise I brought so much junk though as I was putting it into Tesco's site to see what the total was and even more shocking to think that on top of that I havent included bread/milk or any household items into that equation nor baby milk/ nappies either!
Very scary indeed - not even sure I realise how I did it but have obviously been really overspending on things I shouldnt be.

I most definitely need to get back on the OS wagon asap and get my shopping together to match.

Here is what I was buying -

tesco value bananas
tesco braeburn apples
tesco grapes
tesco 3pk onions
tesco value 2kg carrots
tesco value swede
tesco value 350g mushrooms
Bernard Matthews turkey ham 340g
1 x tesco brand chicken thighs (8)
2pks x 2 tesco value chicken breasts
ICBINB - 500g
wildlife pots x (4)
wildlife choobs (6)
2 x 6 vitality drinks for owen
2 x 6 health drinks for ben
tesco value cheese - cheddar mild - medium
3 x tesco brand small pizza - ben
2pk x 6 bakery soft white rolls
1 x homepride curry sauce
tesco brand frosted flakes - 750g
tesco brand rice krispies - 600g
tesco brand malt wheats - 750g
2 x tesco value wheat biscuits 550g each
tesco brand hot oat cereal - 500g
tesco value beans x 4
tesco value spaghetti x 4
1kg bag of tesco brand pasta
2 x 500g homepride pasta sauces
4 x 400g heinz lentil soup
2 x cheap brand hotdogs
1 x 1KG value rice
2 x tesco brand tomato ketchup - glass bottle
6 frosties cereal bar x 2
8 nutrigrain bars x 2
12pk mini cheddars
24 tesco value jaffa cakes
900g tesco value biscuit barrel
tesco brand jam - 454g
2 x 396 tesco value ready to eat value custard
300g tesco value treacle sponge pudding
sugar - 1kg parcel x 2
2 x 1.5ltr tesco brand orange juices
2 x 1.5ltr tesco brand blackcurrant
80 tesco value tea bags
2 x malt loaf
12 brand name potato waffles
1ltr tesco fizzy flavoured water - 3 for £1.10 x 2 (effectively 6 bottles)
907g tesco value mixed frozen veg (sweetcorn, peas, cauliflower and carrot)

the total of which came to £80.61 alone!

and that didn't include the iceland shop that I do that comes to about £10 which is 7 frozen ready meals for Owen to take to work and microwave for his lunch and bits like frozen dinosaurs/ fish fingers/ frozen drummers/chicken burgers for Ben and a pizza or 2 for Owen!!

Plus you'll also notice there is no 'baking' stuff on this list so that needs rectifying asap!

I dont think any of us are getting our 5 a day either and I think for health reasons that should be addressed too. I think a vitmain supplement wouldnt do us all any harm either so will need to look into that so Mr Fussy Knickers that is Benjamin will take them.
He does like the vitamin C Haliborange stuff so will google that in a minute to find the cheapest stockist.

Right ~ the job for tonight is to attack my cook books and see what I can make at home cheaper than I can buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment