Monday 31 December 2012

Putting plans into action.........

I figured today I need to start making my way towards my new years resolutions otherwise I'm not likely to stick to them.

I have somewhat changed mine though.
Mine are now

1. Enjoy my children. - Holly starts preschool this year in September and I plan to spend as much time with
    her as possible because babies don't keep (and yes i regularly wish I could keep her this little!). With
    Benjie because hes in school our days together when hes off school I want to enjoy and make more
    memories with him
2. Exercise more  
3. Plan - whether its money, food, days out etc - planning in advance saves time, money and effort.
4. Be myself - enjoy what I like and don't let others opinions bother me as long as me and mine are happy
5. .Eat properly (I rarely eat at the minute - living on whatever is easiest and pretty much toast) this is not
     healthy and is affecting me health wise now so three meals a day is my aim.
6. Craft and Hobbies ~ get some and enjoy them (this includes me competitions!)

So today I decided to put number 3 and 5 into action and planned my tea for tomorrow already. This is my beloved Stovies. Its easy. It pretty much consists of onion, mince, gravy and potatoes. All bunged in a pot and left to cook

Sweat some onions in a pan with a little bit of butter

 Then add in the mince (this mince was actually free, it was in the reduced trolley and when it came time to waste it my supervisor let me have it for free)


Then add enough gravy to cover. At this point you can peel and cut up potatoes and put them in this pan as well then leave it all to simmer for 30 minutes (making sure it doesn't burn) so you basically cook the potatoes in the Gravy, then serve it up with a side of veg.

I however have changed this, I made this stovies mixture up earlier. Then put it into a ceramic dish and covered it and put it in the oven to store it, then peeled potatoes, prepared sprouts and carrot and have them in the steamer ready for tomorrows lunch. So happy that's minimal cooking needed now.

Haven't done much else today really, my evening tonight involves cwtching on the sofa and chilling out watching TV, I'm not doing anything majorly exciting and I may just see in the new year before heading to my bed.

Good night all and Happy New Year. I look forward to learning and talking to you all more in 2013

Love

Sammy x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment