Thursday 21 February 2013

A little bit of Love is all you need....(upsetting pictures)

***** I just wish to warn but before you read any further this post may contain pictures that might upset some people to do with animal neglect and mistreatment *****


Tonight in work was going like any normal night until 9pm when the only customer in the shop was leaving and he mentioned there was a dog tied up outside so myself and my workmate Luke went to investigate.

There in the darkness we found a little terrier dog tied to the trolley bay, so we gave her some fuss, checked the shop for customers and then went back to her.

The gentleman who was leaving offered to take her home (he is a regular and we know where he lives) and if her owners returned we could point them in the right direction.

At 9.15 he came back and said he couldn't take her, his wife said no and they had discovered the state she was in (we couldn't see it in the dark outside) but we brought her into the shop and it was made clear.

Needless to say we rang the RSPCA and they wouldn't come to get her as she is mobile and eating, they put us on to the dog warden who then didn't answer.

The only thing this little doggy had was an orange and green collar (that looked fairly new), a manky old lead, and a doggy coat which had been put down on the floor to lay on - which makes you wonder if someone just accidentally forgot their dog wouldn't she still have been wearing it?

So at 9.55pm I text Owen and at 10pm I made the decision, that Id bring her home with me.

We got her in the door, straight into the kitchen where she almost collapsed in Owen's arms, he put a tin down for her and then we gave her a bath, we only had baby shampoo but it helped soothe her and she smells lovely.

When we'd finished and Owen went to stroke her she rolled over and was really submissive.

A dear neighbour of mine was on-line too and she has 4 weinmeraners so I asked if she had any flea treatment and she gave us a spare pouch of front-line which we have put on our little lady and she has taken over Bruno's bed (he was locked in the front room) we've since swapped now and she is in the front room on his bed and we've had to put him on a towel and blanket in the kitchen.

She seems such a lovely little old lady too. Such a shame to think no one wanted her.
I have spoken to a local rescue centre who has given me a few pointers and things that may help her settle and they have even advised me that maybe an owner wont want to be found and after seeing her pictures, they wouldn't push too strongly to find them

Also for the foreseeable future she will be known as Kari (from the Welsh Cariad meaning 'sweetheart')

***** WARNING PICTURE ALERT *****
Her in the shop earlier (they are my feet)


In the office with me and Gaynor my supervisor.

Behind the till terrorising Luke, he is very OCD and germ phobic and she has a very bad skin condition (see below) so he was trying to avoid contact with her but he was feeding her treats and stroking her from a distance

You can see her hair loss and skin condition here.

A close up of her back end.

You can clearly see her spine so I'm guessing she hasn't had a good meal in a long while. 

She is off to the vets tomorrow to be looked at, try and find a microchip but I am in no way letting go of this little lady. even if I have to pay for her treatment myself. 

I will make sure to keep you informed of Kari's progress. 

Night all

Sam
x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment