Wednesday 20 March 2013

Reality check today.......




Today has been somewhat eventful.

This time two years ago......
* Owen got his eye appointment times reduced down to every 6 months after having gone blind in one eye nearly 5 years ago now.
* My sister was about to under go surgery for Cervical Cancer.
* I had just gotten clear results from a suspicious smear test (sorry boys if too much information)
* My nan discovered she had Non Hodgkins Lymphoma
* I was depressed being stuck in a little damp rotten flat because the Health Visitor kept bullying us.

 Fast forward 2 years.....
* Owen doesnt have to see the eye surgeon anymore but just has to go back if something is bugging him
* My sister had her all clear
* My nan is in remission and just had her first all clear blood test
*We moved house
* No more health visitor

I cannot begin to tell you how much it feels like we've come on just counting the small victories.......

Speaking of victories too


I have been through my seeds today ready to start planting tomorrow.

So far I have

* 2 cress hedgehogs for the kids to grow one each
* 3000 cress seeds (curled)
* 400 Peas seeds (early onward)
* 460 Radish seeds (sparkler 3)
* 5 cucumber seeds (telepathy f1)
* 40 tomato seeds (cherry)
* 10 tomato seeds (tumbling tom red)
* 3200 carrot seeds ( autumn king 2)
* 1000 lettuce seeds (salad bowl mixed)
* 250 spring onion seeds (wilko brand)
* 450 spring onion seeds (white Lisbon)
* 5 seed potatoes (Charlotte)
* Wilko pepper pot (sweet California wonder)

 I don't have an outside space to start them growing so I will be setting up the cloche tomorrow, and I have cleared the dining table (we don't use it) to start the seeds off on as most of them can either go outside straight away or they need to be started and replanted outside so I will put most of them in the cloche and then will get the raised bed ready for when it is time to plant on but other things need to be a bit more sheltered inside like the tomatoes for a while so they can stay on the dining table or on the windowsill. 

I have also brought today some very sweet Easter cupcake cases - some larger ones and then a very sweet set of 150 mini cupcake cases. My daughter has a very sweet tooth (like her mother) so I think I will try and make her some mini cupcakes so she still has some but she wont need to have a full sized cake. I did discover little rolls in Tesco the other day that are the right size for her - I was previously giving her a whole roll and found she ate half and I was binning half or feeding it to the dogs but these small rolls there is no waste and they cost the same as the ones we usually buy - just I get 12 in a packet now instead of 6. 

I will make sure to post pictures tomorrow of our planting session. Until then I hope you are all enjoying the weather and I will speak to you tomorrow. 

Sam
x


No comments:

Post a Comment