Monday 18 March 2013

Would you Adam and Eve it?..........

Evening all.

Well I have finally recovered from the Rugby on the weekend......


Never been so proud fair play and loved every second of the game. I cannot begin to tell you the amount of unity it brings to even the smallest villages. Our village and town were no exception, every pub was packed, every restaurant had the match on, every cabbie had the sports network on reporting on the game.......Rugby in Wales is most definitely like a religion, even little old ladies on the bus with me were discussing the team. Amazing just amazing.

Weirdly I have been sat looking at mostly gardening stuff today and if you have read my blog before you may remember I was wondering about using a building suppliers bag as a grow bag......well actually my friend Mandy answered that for me.......

This is a photo of her poly tunnel on her allotment and she has said that they make good grow bags but I need to keep an eye that they don't dry out - I don't think I will have a problem with that in South Wales though somehow - hardly known for our tropical weather are we?

I do believe she has planted some mini shallots in hers here but I am thinking they would be good for planting thnks like carrots and leeks in that need the depth. I think also I will fold mine down like she has done otherwise they might be ridiculously deep and just a bit of a waste of compost

Between these and my potato bags I think I will have plenty of growing space - I think Owen has 3 possibly 4 spare in the front garden that I can use so now i just need to get a load of compost to fill them up. Have also taken delivery of my own compost bin but realise it will not be ready for this growing season.

Which leads me to ask - what worms are best? and can anyone recommend a good buyer please.

Now for the rest of tonight I am going to be looking up prices on the best compost rates.......plan my garden - decide where to put these bags although I think I will make them into a barrier down the bottom of the garden - from our littel conifer tree across the garden so it hides all of Owen's junk in the bottom of the garden but still leaves me a nice space to enjoy the grass with the kids in the summer.

Sounds like a plan.

Right off to plan my growing.

Sorry its only short today but I will be having a busy day tomorrow so will catch you all up then - and my boy has a headache and wants a cuddle :-( poor little squish - sure he will cheer up when the tooth fairy visits him tonight though.

x



No comments:

Post a Comment