Tuesday 26 March 2013

So Norovirus.........we meet again..........

.....and yet again its taken my little princess

Exactly the same symptoms............exactly the same way

She was first poorly Sunday night whilst I was in work......

Then when I got home at 10pm she was sleeping soundly.
At 11pm when I went to bed I could hear her coughing, 2 minutes later she was sick
Brought her into our bed, 10 minutes of sound sleep, followed by coughing, then her crying, so we quickly moved her and sure as the sun rises, she was sick again.

Sunday night/Monday morning saw a blur of sickness, coughing, crying and me and her spending the night on the sofa.
At 5.30am when the dog did his usual howling trick I could have quite happily drop kicked him into the garden and left him there........but I'm not that mean.

Yesterday was full of mummy cuddles so I did nothing productive at all but I have found out that Mabel is very mummsie in her way. Everywhere Holly went yesterday, Mabel went. Holly slept, Mabel slept, Holly ate, Mabel ate........and so forth. Her and Holly are very close since the day we brought Mabel home, she would sit wrapping her up in blankets, just sit next to her bed and stroke her and she would sit hand feeding her dry biscuits (which we tried our best to deter her from doing) but it has obviously not gone unnoticed by Mabel.

Here is a few photos of Holly and Nurse Mabel yesterday



As I type this Holly is sat on my lap wrapped in her favourite blankie (the pink one in above photos), she's been up maybe 45 minutes with a very unwelcome dirty nappy, had a few mouthfuls of cereal and is now subdued possibly about to fall asleep again, Mabel is curled up right next to me......under Holly's feet. She's still a bit warm but her temperature is no where near what it was yesterday.

Ben bless him has been good as gold.......so I think a packet or two of his favourite stickers may be in order when Im next in work. He also brought me a gorgeous daffodil plant that he planted himself in school with the Marie Curie Pots of Care programme.....so it is now sitting happily on the front room windowsill

Which reminds me, two things happened in work Sunday, the first was I had these two videos sent to me from Owen

Id call that progress with the dogs. I should add that Mabel we think is starting to stop bleeding but we are aware that she still is fertile afterwards which is why they are still separated by the gate in the first video.

Bruno and Mabel progress...... :-)

We both do not want to add to the doggy population either which is why the dogs have supervised contact when the kids aren't around (mainly when Ben is around but Holly's is in bed because she is a little whirlwind and tends to want to play and winds them both up) or are separated at the minute. Plus for those who don't know Mabel's story please check my February blogs, she was meant to go in for neutering last week but because she came into season and we are unsure of her medical history and exact age we were advised to leave her have this one as it may have been her first, either way she is being neutered ASAP as the vets will not touch Bruno because he is 12 years old and has seizures.

Second bit of Sunday good news is there is a supervisors position going in work, my workmate Chris (who is already a supervisor) has hinted that two people are being taken on to cover it and whilst a workmate Luke is hoping for one, the other is two shifts I already do.....and I worked with our main boss on Sunday as there was no available cover and according to Chris who saw him yesterday he was singing my praises. I am considering applying for it but realise I am not as trained up as some others in the shop but I know how to lock the shop up (besides banking the notes) and the code to alarm the door. Other than that I know how to do everything else. My hours would go from 12 to 17 so I would qualify then for working tax credit and my hourly wage would go from £6.20 to £7.80. so all round it would help us out immensely.........it would also help with my future CVs if I have training etc I'm just not sure I want to be supervisor in the shop because the amount of grief we get occassionally is unreal and we are due to have extended hours soon too.

Things to think about I guess..........

Today mainly will consist of baby cuddles, Ive just enjoyed a bacon sandwich for breakfast and Im hoping if she does go for a proper nap later on that I can get out and clean the rabbits out as with the torrential rain last week and the cold weather and baby being ill they are in desperate need of cleaning out.

I also got rid of a fair few bits yesterday with the council. The spare hutch has now gone so I have space on top of it that Im hoping will be a good place to put my cloche and seedlings - its in the sun trap and sheltered all round and no bunnies can eat it.

Right best be off, mummy cuddles and Mr Tumble are calling

x

No comments:

Post a Comment